Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Welcome to Bake My Dream Come True!

Guess what! I bake.

Are you shocked? With a title like "Bake My Dream Come True," the possibilities are truly endless, right?

Actually, while I do bake - I love to bake! - I have a feeling that the meaning of this title may end up going beyond the oven. After all, every dream needs time to come together, rise, heat up and come to a sweet conclusion.

So why start this blog? Well, I bake. A lot. My grandmothers baked. My mom bakes. I have a natural inclination to bake. Like my mom, I've taken all of the Wilton Method Cake Decorating classes. Unlike my mom, I'll bake for family, friends, friends of friends...you name it!

Final Project from Wilton Course 3

When I first started the classes with one of my good friends who is always up for a new challenge, I kept my baking close to home: birthday cakes for the in-laws, dropping test batches off at the neighbors (did I mention my husband doesn't eat sweets?), etc. That seemed to be received pretty well and before I knew it, my mother-in-law's friends were asking her for my business website.

BUSINESS WEBSITE!?! I have a full-time job, thank you. I also have a dog. In the house. Where I bake. I'm sure that's some kind of health code violation.

So as long as I keep baking in my comfort zone, for the people who know I have a dog in my house and understand that I have a full-time job that takes first priority, we're good.

Which leads us to the blog. What better option for my mother-in-law to show off her super-talented, favorite daughter-in-law (favorite is short-lived, my brother-in-law is marrying an incredible woman this summer)? It also gives me an opportunity to share what goes into the creative process behind my projects and hopefully pass on some of the excitement that I feel when I take on a new challenge - baking or otherwise.

Coming up in the short term:
  • Owl-themed first birthday for my friend's daughter
  • Shabby chic bridal shower for my future sister-in-law
Can you see the Pinspiration yet ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment