Monday, February 25, 2013

"Owl" Be a Year Old Today!

After our last adventure in chocolate peanut butter strawberry goodness, I promised you some pink luster dust. DELIVERED.

My friend's daughter had her first birthday on February 16 - three days before my not-so-first birthday. As her mommy hosts a fabulous blog over at Project Mommy, you know this was going to be a very posh first birthday. And what are all the cool kids doing? Owls.

This was actually my second venture into the feathered realm for the diapered crowd (my first was a really cute baby boy baby shower - but that's a completely different post). I have to admit that, even though I'm extremely frightened of birds, this was  a lot of fun! Just check it out:


Aren't those the cutest? I love the baking cups - not too big, not too small, just right for a first birthday. I found them TJ Maxx of all places. They're by some Australian company, Le Petite Gateau, that apparently doesn't have broad distribution in the U.S.

Translation: I couldn't find any more on Amazon :(

I also love going girly with my cupcake decorations. As soon as my friend asked me to bake for her daughter, I was out looking for pink sugar pearls and darker pink luster dust. The luster dust really made the simple vanilla buttercream POP! I wish you could see how much they sparkled in the photo, but oh well.

I'm not sure when I'll be baking for an occasion again, but there are so many good stories and so many pretty cakes to share! I promise to post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment