Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pinterest Experiment: Soft, Silky Legs in a Bottle

There was a mini-Pinterest marathon in our house tonight. It started with haluski for dinner, followed by whipping up some coconut oil body butter and then Soft, Silky Legs in a Bottle.

My husband's family is renting a beach house for my brother-in-law's wedding this July. This means that I will be at the beach for a week with two of my gorgeously tan sisters-in-law. As the redhead in the family, Rose McGowan fair with lots of freckles and prone to lobster-ing immediately in the sun, I'm trying anything I can to get my skin ready to keep up with the olive-skinned crowd.

So when I came across a recipe for DIY Skin Smoother for Silky Soft Legs from One Good Thing by Jillee on Pinterest - and the caption said something about "Ready for summer legs" - I had to try it.

In making this skin smoother, I used the last of my olive oil. This is a sin in our Italian household. Dan (aka "my husband") was irritated when he found out. "Olive oil is for cooking, not for skin stuff."

Anyway...

I didn't have any lemon juice, but I did have some lime juice hiding on the refrigerator door. I'm not sure how old it is, or if it's even real lime juice, but I used it anyway.

Although Jillee doesn't have time for baths, I make time. So off I went to the tub with my Tupperware container full of Jillee's sugar scrub. Following her directions, I soaked, I scrubbed, I shaved and then I scrubbed and shaved again.

WOW! I don't think my legs have ever been so smooth. I'm sparing you photos in this post because 1) I'm not keen on posting photos of my white legs and 2) you can't feel how smooth my skin is in a photo. I came downstairs and popped my leg up on the couch next to Dan and asked him if he still thought olive oil was just for cooking.

"Not in our family."

Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment